Thursday, July 27, 2006

Hot, hot, HOT!

Not sure if it's been reported in the World news or in any Australian newspapers, but it is damn HOT over here at the moment, and has been since early July. In fact, it is predicted to be the hottest July recorded in Britain since records began way back in the 1900's.

I wouldn't mind it too much, except that this country, especially London, is ill-equipped to cope with the heat. For starters, not much is air-conditioned, namely the trains and buses, which have been reaching temperatures of around 42 and 50 degrees celcius respectively. This makes for quite an uncomfortable trip as it is, but add the other 7million Londoners all crammed into these small hot spaces, and it starts to become totally unbearable...

The saddest thing is that the most comfortable place at the moment is in the office, which is nicely air-conditioned. My bedroom at home is a cosy 30.2 degrees (I have a temperature gauge on my clock - nerd!) so without any air-con, it has been tempting to bring in a pillow, some toiletries, and camp out here for the night!

It wouldn't be so bad if there was a beach within driving distance, but there isn't, and I don't have a car.

Sometimes you've really got to wonder why the f*** people live in this place....? :-)

3 Comments:

At 5:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like warm.

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gorgeous!
Thought I would pop in & say hi. I just realised it is your bday in a couple of weeks so make sure you have a big one (thought knowing you that will be a definite ;)).

A lot has been happening so I will actually get off my butt & send you an email later this week!
x
nic

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Daniel Rachele said...

Thought I'd better reply to some of these comments...

Tars/Ros/El: It's finally getting cooler now. 15/16 degrees. Meant to be about -10 by now. The end is nigh!!!

MissWright: Where's that e-mail you promised me???

Jess: Got your mail, and I even managed to REPLY TO IT! Not my fault if the Internet doesn't work properly when delivering emails...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home