Thursday, March 30, 2006

It's getting warmer!

And lighter!

The dark, cold winter is finally ending...! The temperature at the moment ranges from about 12 to 15 degrees each day, which feels like a heat-wave after months of freezing cold weather. So lovely is it in fact, that I now walk around in my shirt, wondering why people are still wearing their winter jackets. When I first arrived last April, I thought people were mad - walking around in t-shirts and shorts when it was like 18 degrees. Now, I understand. After months of temperatures only getting as high as 5 degrees, 15 is a heatwave! Bring it on!

Daylight savings has also kicked in. This has thrown me a little this week, but it is nice that it stays light until about 8pm. In about 2 months it will be light until 10pm, and then the sun will start to rise at 3am. It's weird as hell, but I guess that's what happens when you're this far north of the Equator...

The "London Hibernation" is ending. Bring it on!!! :-)

1 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger hippy said...

I rode home tonight in knicks and short-sleeve jersey... just like I would in Melbourne spring/summer!!!
WOO!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home