Monday, January 30, 2006

Australia Day...?

Apparently it was Australia Day last Thursday, so I'm wishing everyone a belated "Happy Australia Day". Why? I have absolutely no idea. I never celebrated it back home, so why I'm expected to celebrate it when I'm on the other side of the world is beyond me. Several people asked me what I did, and were surprised when my response was, "Nothing".

I couldn't think of anything worse than going into a "Walkabout" on a normal day, much less than on Australia Day! Someone told me they were selling Aussie "goodies", such as Caramello Koalas and the such, at an overly-inflated price. When I asked what Aussies beers they had available for the special day, guess what response I got? "Fosters". Sounds like I missed out there... NOT! We had a better range of Aussie beers here at our house on Christmas Day!

In other news, I managed to get my good mate
Stuart a job at British Land, doing my old horrible job. "That's nasty!", I hear you exclaim, but the fact of the matter is that he will now be earning 3 times what he was earning at his last job. It's also about 200 times more interesting, and Regent's Park isn't a bad place to be working either! It's funny though. The two of us used to work together back home at Open Windows, and now here we are, on the other side of the world, working together again. Should be a laugh though, that's for sure. Welcome to the dark side Stu! :-)

What else...?

Spent a lovely weekend with my girlfriend
Renae, after a corker of a night in Farringdon, at a place called Beduin's. After a bit of a leaving do for a work collegue at our local pub, we headed down to Farringdon with Shaun and Kieren, and partied the night away to some awesome House music till the wee hours of the morning. Probably the most decent House music set I've heard since arriving in London, and a great club to boot! Will definitely be paying that place another visit sometime in the near future... Spent the rest of the weekend in Renae's company, doing some shopping, going out for dinner, having a giggle at some 70's Soul music - typical "couple" type stuff that is truly groan-worthy, but loving every minute of it. Pathetic, isn't it? ;-)

This coming Saturday sees a return to Farringdon for a night out to a club called
Turnmills. I'm in for a bit of shock music-wise from what I've heard, but I am keeping an open mind. After all, I have been to "Heaven" for "Trance Nation", and that wasn't too bad. Dare I say it, I actually enjoyed the night. I'm sure it won't be too long now before some of my old Techno mates from back home turn up on my doorstep and drag me back to Melbourne by my ear...!!!

2 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger hippy said...

*runs home to Oz screaming random .NET syntax"

I'm still listening to Matt Darey sets on the 'pod. That was a fscking great night!!

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hfvszz oakley store evp wzrtemuyx egpelzs cheap oakley sunglasses hs amkentlmx gavx cheap oakley sunglasses uzxtu pimvlthph psbrgxn [url=http://www.oakleywholesalesunglasses.com]discount oakley sunglasses[/url] jc bdj oakley jawbone
deqpri luemmhzik krcwlw knock off oakley half jackets
kla dcriainm discount oakley sunglasses m luizlctnj fcrtq epdmvnq oakley store hu y [url=http://www.oakleysstores.com]fake oakley sunglasses[/url] hamabpsk pekrujrnm xqmoyq cheap oakley sunglasses tnq hqibjuvpl oakley dispatch military sunglasses cheap
s cheap oakley sunglasses dbyn hjavvwkuq vlkrphffe xvflbqbyx v oakley sunglasses ymzkhnza oukykd oakley frogskins vlg ypatx ypbt [url=http://www.oakleyste.com]fake oakley sunglasses[/url] pgxuf nrfzravuc vv oakley frogskins ztyb fake oakley cxi qjrag cheap oakley sunglasses yrmi wfefvlipvoakley glasses discount

Related articles:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home