Thursday, January 19, 2006

"Me 'Orse!"

Well, not mine exactly, but I hear about him so much that he's starting to feel like mine as well...

Introducing, "Herbie" the Horse, otherwise known as "Me Boy", "Me 'Orse" or "Erbs". This lovely hunk of horse meat belongs to my boss, Sarah.

Ever since I have known Sarah, I have had to endure countless stories about Herbie. Well, I say "endure", but some of them are quite entertaining. For example, I now know that this horse is a bit of a bully, which doesn't surprise me, considering they say that pets usually take after their owners! ;-)

So obsessed is Sarah with her "Boy", that when she bought a horse box (in Australia known as a "horse float"), Sarah had a competition in the office to find a name for it. Of course, I won the competition with the name "Oscar" (which has now been shortened to "Ozzie"), but am yet to receive my prize for winning that particular competition! (Hint hint!). The other confusing aspect is that she refers to both her husband and Herbie as her "Boy", so when she came in one morning ranting about her "Boy" having to go and see his lawyer in Ireland, Shaun and myself were quite confused. We never knew horses needed their own lawyers...?

One day soon I shall meet this legendary 'orse, and I might even have my first ever horse ride! Yay!!!

4 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats not a horse! Its a donkey!

 
At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Race 7, no 5, "shes a mole" 4.60 and 2.80, Quaddie paid her rent, trifecta paid 347.80, numbers 5,6,3. Racing at Murphetvale........

 
At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She'd make a mince..

 
At 2:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can talk to them...
and ride em...
and cook em.. ahhh, maybe not

 

Post a Comment

<< Home