Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Man from Snowy London

This is the sight that greeted me when I walked out of my front door this morning:


London had about 10cm of snow fall overnight and this morning. It is still snowing a little bit now. Hopefully it keeps it up so we can go and have snowball fights in Regent's Park at lunchtime!

It's great when it snows here because it doesn't happen very often. You actually see people SMILING in the morning instead of scowling, and the kids all run around playing in the snow. I saw a couple of people down my street attempting to pull each other around on a snow sledge. Was quite funny. It should snow more often in London methinks. Looks nicer too because it's all covered in lovely white snowy stuff...!

For such a cold country, it is quite funny how it can't cope with the cold. Actually, it's not that bad, unless you're catching a train. They seem to break down as soon as it gets too cold or too hot. Must say that I'm glad I catch the bus now instead of the tube.

I donned my snowboots this morning too, which was cool. There was no way I was going to risk walking in the deep snow with my work shoes on. That would be an instant arse-plant for sure.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...! :-)

3 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice innt.

Bring on the snow.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger hippy said...

Snow snow snow everyone loves snow..
until you ride in it and find out it's not snow at all but a mix of slush, grit, random black stingy shit and ice.
HOT DAMN IT'S A FUN RIDE THOUGH!!!
WEEEEEEE!!! :D :D

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home