Saturday, November 04, 2006

I hate this Guy!

Thanks to this fool and his foiled attempt to blow up the English Houses of Parliament in 1605, I now have to endure a constant barrage of fireworks going off all around me.

It's Bonfire Night here in London, the night the people of Great Britain celebrate Guy Fawkes's attempt to blow up Parliament, now called the "Gunpowder Plot", by letting off an endless number of fireworks anywhere and everywhere they can. You can read all about it here.

Sounds fun, doesn't it? I think it's only fun if you join in. Might have to try it next year. Sitting here being kept awake by the fireworks ain't much fun at all... Meh! :-)

1 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got to admire a guy that can get away with wearing a hat like that and that frilly lace thing.

I bet he got all the chicks.

I've been seeing a few stickers around Melbourne with "Bring back Guy Fawkes night". Dont know how it would go, considering that by todays standards he's a terrorist!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home