Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Oz-ward bound!

Yep, it's true - I'm heading back to the homeland!

But don't get too excited (coz I know everyone is MEGA-excited!), it's only for a visit. It has been brought on by a few factors.

#1: My Working Holiday Visa expires in April. This means that in order to continue living and working in this wonderful country, I have to get a Work Permit via job sponsorship. The good news is that I have one of these being applied for as I type this. The "bad" news is that I have to fly all the way back to Oz to get Entry Clearance to return to the UK on my Work Permit. Quite a long flight to get a stamp, if you ask me...

#2: I can't work, or stay in the country, until I have some sort of Visa, so I figured it was a good a time as any to make the long journey home for a visit.

#3: I'm a tad homesick. It's been 2 years since I left Melbourne, and for some silly reason, I miss the place! Maybe this little visit will remind me why I left to come here in the first place. Or, maybe it will make me wonder why the hell I'm living in this insane place at all! This still remains to be seen.

Either way, I'll be in the country (not necessarily Melbourne the entire time) from 2nd April until the 20th. Consider this your first and last warning...!

I'll also have my other (better?) half in tow. She's been to Australia before, but she wasn't lucky enough to make it down to the deep south. Should be a good laugh! Please make sure there is some water for us to use when we get there. Ta!

Till then...

2 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger hippy said...

Let it be said: VISAs are shite!
Say hi to Melbourne for me.

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you a planning a trip to Brissy too you hippy ;) Send me an email if you feel like a bit of time in the Sunshine ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home